Recognizing the best journalism in the region, Great Plains will take entries from newspapers, magazines and websites published in Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Iowa, Missouri and Arkansas.
Entries are $25 each. Deadline has been extended to Feb. 1.
Follow these steps to get your entries submitted:
1. Go to contestant login page for the Better Newspaper Contest website at http://betternewspapercontest.com/login.
2. Pick between Contest Manager or Authorized Entrant.
Log in as Contestant Manager:
– If you have used BetterBNC to enter past contests for the same media organization
– If you were notified by your Contest Organization to do so
– If you have updated your Contestant Account already
As Contestant Manager, you can make entries on behalf of your media organization and authorize other people to make entries as well.
Log in as Authorized Entrant:
– If you received an email notification from your Contestant Manager authorizing you to make entries on behalf of your media organization
– If you received an email notification from “BetterBNC” authorizing you to make entries on behalf of your media organization
Authorized Entrant accounts are preset by your media organization (newspaper, station, website, etc.) enabling you to make entries as directed by your Contestant Manager.
3. Select a contest by clicking on 2014 Great Plains Journalism Awards.
4. Choose your media organization.
5. In most cases your initial password is bnc. Once you sign in, you will be asked to update your password. If you don’t know your password, click “Forgot Password?”
If you or your organization is not listed and you have never entered the contest before, click the Open Call Login and then click the link that says “Create your Open Call account.” Once you fill out the form, a Great Plains official will approve your submission.
If you have any issues, email us at email@example.com.